Thursday, August 21, 2014

Back Again - All is Good, But Always Holding Breath

It has been some time since writing.  I have become accustomed to my thinning of hair.  I take vitamins for this and also did purchase the laser treatment and although my hair is not what it was, it is not worse.  I keep hoping that once I am off the Anastrozole, it might grow back again. 

Have had visits with my oncologist and things are OK for now.  Of course, after the blood test I always cross my fingers and say a prayer that all is well.  Not sure that will ever go away.  I still go for calcium infusion at the cancer center and that's a little weird, but has to be done.  Unfortunately, there has been a big changeover at the cancer center (the hospital next door has taken it over), so a lot of the nurses I loved are now gone and replaced by new faces.  I also recently heard my oncologist is transferring to another center.  All this is a little unnerving, but I am following my oncologist to her new location.

The implants and scars on my back make themselves known with weather changes and sometimes I feel like a walking barometer!  But it is reminders that things could have been worse, so I take the bad with the good.

Life has slowly regained a new normal.  One not totally the same, yet a good one.  You learn to appreciate so much when your health is in jeopardy.  You remember those who helped you through, give thanks to God who held you close, and never take anything for granted again.

My life continues with a sure and certain hope that God is with me no matter what and that with his help, I will continue to be a survivor!

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment